March 17, 2010

Letter to send

You're the type of man every woman hopes for and dreams of when she is a little girl. You're smart, adventurous, successful, , handsome and funny. There's one major area you're lacking in, and I thought you should know.

You are letting her shit on (not the most glamorous phrasing) the rest of your life because you're too nice. Isn't there already enough drama between you and her that it really wouldn't matter if you manned up and told her to fuck off? There's no need for you to be totally disrespectful. I mean she is the mother of your child after all, but telling her to grow up and let you go wouldn't be a bad thing to do.

I don't know what was more shocking to me - knowing that the way things are now is the way you think things are going to be forever and you seem to be okay with that, or that I hurt for you as only a friend when you said that.

I want you to be happy and be free of this manipulative wench. I want you to remember that you are loved by so many people. We would all love to do the hard stuff for you, but nobody learns when someone else does it for them.

I'm the complete opposite of her in that way, and some others. I have a hard time asking and letting people do much of anything for me. I feel so accomplished and proud of myself when I do something on my own. I don't want to owe anyone or have to ask them how to or to do something for me again and again. I'm spoiled in ways, yes, but I also am a grown up and responsible for my own life.

I'm glad your parents raised you to be such a kind and wonderful man, but please stop. Please, please, please stand up for yourself and take the reigns of your future out of her hands and into yours. I'm right here by your side.

No comments: