There are so many cheesy things that you can say and do to hit on someone at a bar. I did one of those things tonight and I think it eneded well . .. at least so far.
A cute guy that I'd talked to before but never officially been introduced to was at a local establishment and I spent my time listening to the live band and trying to figure out how to make my move tonight. I ended up talking to the bartender and having her let him know that I was going to buy him another pint if he wanted. He said yes and we ended up talking and exchanging numbers. I invited him to be my guest at a private party at that establishment in a few weeks too and he accepted.
I got advice from a good friend to wait and not call him before he calls me. Surprisingly he called me tonight already and wants to get together for dinner this next week before he goes on a skiing trip. I don't know if maybe he wanted to ask me when we were talking or if the alcohol got to him and he "drunk dialed" me.
I plan on calling him tomorrow and setting something up for Wednesday or Thursday. I'm sooooo nervous though. This is the first date I've been on in a while that hasn't started out on match.com or some site like that. Wish me luck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment