Obviously a lot has happened in the nearly 12 months since I last posted anything here. All I can say is politics and/or work took over my life, which is a good thing. I feel better positioned to make necessary changes now that I've moved into a different career field and a different city as well.
This weekend I'm flying out of my new town, Helena, and traveling to Los Angeles for a work conference. The Milken Family Foundation National Education Conference is a wonderful chance to learn more about the MFF and mingle with educators and MFF coordinators from across the country.
My friend Laura works in the South Dakota Department of Education and I'll get to meet her coworker at the conference. If that slice of the midwest wasn't enough to warm my heart, my home state's governor, Tim Pawlenty, is speaking at the conference. We may be of different political parties and I may not live in Minnesooooota anymore, but I hope I get the chance to speak with him and have my photo taken with him too.
Twenty-nine hours in LA isn't a lot, but I'll make the most of it. Who doesn't love having someone else pay for airfare and lodging plus half your meals?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment